Meet the Team
MiBella Wellness Center would not be a successful practice without our incredible team to support our patients with excellent patient care. With a full staff, we provide a range of specialized services to our patients, from our qualified Providers, Medical Assistants and vital administrative team.
Brittany Nguyen, NP
A National Certification Corporation board certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in women’s health, Brittany is enthusiastic and forward-thinking, providing her expertise and diligence to hundreds of patients in the Birmingham area. With past experience as a labor and delivery nurse, Brittany is highly experienced and passionate about caring for women in her local community.
Sheba Massey, BA
Since the very start, Sheba has been a part of MiBella, providing administrative support through her role as the practice manager. With a focus on excellence in customer service and patient care, Sheba is highly skilled in physician relations, credentialing, team building, accounting, and more. She’s the glue that holds MiBella together, helping to make us the best we can be.
Ronika Oliver, MA
Since starting with MiBella Wellness Ronika has been promoted to Billing Specialist. Ronika continues to display her dedication, staying current with the changes in the rules and regulations within the healthcare industry. Ronika is solely responsible for managing insurance billing and claims, identifying medical coding procedures or fee errors and omissions, and making necessary adjustments to patient accounts. Working alongside the team delivering incredible results and offering exceptional services to our patients from all walks of life.
Dr. Mia Cowan
Dr. Mia Cowan is the founder and director of the MiBella Wellness Center. An award-winning author, highly experienced doctor, and a specialist in gynecology, wellness, weight management, and intimacy. Dr. Cowan provides our patients with her considerable expertise across a range of different treatments, plans, and services.
Since its founding in 2010, MiBella Wellness Center has been known for the excellence we deliver to our patients. As such, we have collected multiple awards and accolades over the years, further driving us to provide a higher standard of service to every patient that comes to us.
Meet the Team
At MiBella Wellness Center we provide compassionate patient care with traditional and holistic treatment options. Through our customized innovative approach and total wellness clinical programs for men and women, our goal is to ensure that our patients "Live Well. Age Well. Experience Everlasting Intimacy."
Positive Attitude & Growth Mindset
At MiBella Wellness Center we pride ourselves on creating a work environment that fosters a positive growth mindset for all our stakeholders. This means preserving the common goal which is to provide compassionate patient experiences and an optimal work-life balance for our team while building a healthy work environment.
Compassionate Customer Service
At MiBella we are proud to provide exemplary patient care to all our patients. Our mission is to provide compassionate customer service. We welcome and embrace everyone regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation (LGBTQ), and socioeconomic status. We proudly serve all our patients with respect and exceptional patient care.
Team Ownership & Unity
At MiBella Wellness Center we understand the importance of teamwork. It is through personal development, professional growth, team accountability, and collaboration that allow us to reach our team vision and goals.
Honesty & Integrity
At MiBella we pride ourselves in working with integrity with all our stakeholders. That includes our patients, our vendors, our partners, and the MiBella team.
- “Start-Up Business of the Year” Award - The African American Business Council
- Birmingham Business Alliance’s “Emerging Business of the Year” Award.
- Dr. Cowan was honored as one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40.
- Featured in Heart & Soul Magazine’s August/September 2011 issue.
- Nominated for the Top 12 of 2012 Best in Minority Business Award, presented by Cox Media Group.
- Nominated for the Central Alabama Women’s Business Center’s Roses Award, (bestowed to women entrepreneurs and professionals who have made a difference sustaining their communities.)
- Awarded 2013 Best in Minority Business Awards for outstanding young professionals, presented by Cox Media Group.
- Shades Valley YMCA Adult Volunteer Award in April 2013.
- Who’s Who in Black Alabama Top 20 under 40.
- Honored in the Birmingham Magazine’s inaugural class of Power 50 honorees for making a positive impact in our city.
- Honored with the Fusion Award in the Innovator category
- Awarded 2019 Best of Birmingham honoree, for “Best Gynecologist” and “Best Women’s Health Facility"
- Also recognized as B-Metro Magazine’s Top Women in Medicine, in 2020.
Interested in More?
Give Us A Call, and Schedule An Appointment Today!