Meet the Team
MiBella Wellness Center would not be a successful practice without our incredible team to support our patients with excellent patient care. With a full staff, we provide a range of specialized services to our patients, from our qualified Providers, Medical Assistants and vital administrative team.
Santanna Thomas, NP
Passionate, approachable, and highly qualified, Santanna is an essential member of the team at MiBella. With a Master of Science in Nursing and years of experience in supporting and mentoring young women, Santanna offers our patients her expertise across a range of different areas of women’s health.
Brittany Nguyen, NP
A National Certification Corporation board certified Nurse Practitioner specializing in women’s health, Brittany is enthusiastic and forward-thinking, providing her expertise and diligence to hundreds of patients in the Birmingham area. With past experience as a labor and delivery nurse, Brittany is highly experienced and passionate about caring for women in her local community.
Ashley Craig, NP
A board-certified Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner, Ashley brings her experience in women’s health in combination with her relatable and personable personality to provide compassionate and holistic care to meet all of your women’s health needs.
Ola Idowu, MS
A more recent addition to the MiBella team, Ola joined us in 2018 and offered her combined services as a highly competent medical scribe, medical assistant, front office coordinator, and intimacy specialist. With a passion for women’s healthcare and enthusiasm for supporting those in the Birmingham area, Ola welcomes our patients and helps make MiBella feel like a home away from home.
Tan Jemison, BS
Since 2014, Tan has been supporting the MiBella team to achieve bigger and better things. As our patient intake coordinator and benefits specialist, she provides our patients with the assistance they need to make every visit as smooth and easy as possible. Her discretion, hard-working attitude, and friendly nature help make MiBella the top choice in the Birmingham area.
Sheba Massey, BA
Since the very start, Sheba has been a part of MiBella, providing administrative support through her role as the practice manager. With a focus on excellence in customer service and patient care, Sheba is highly skilled in physician relations, credentialing, team building, accounting, and more. She’s the glue that holds MiBella together, helping to make us the best we can be.
Ronika Oliver, MA
With over eight years of experience working alongside our dedicated team at MiBella as a Medical Assistant, Ronika has supported hundreds of our patients from the moment they walk through our door. Since promoted to a billing and intimacy specialist, Ronika delivers incredible results and offers exceptional service to our patients from every walk of life.
Dr. Mia Cowan
Dr. Mia Cowan is the founder and director of the MiBella Wellness Center. An award-winning author, highly experienced doctor, and a specialist in gynecology, wellness, weight management, and intimacy. Dr. Cowan provides our patients with her considerable expertise across a range of different treatments, plans, and services.
Since its founding in 2010, MiBella Wellness Center has been known for the excellence we deliver to our patients. As such, we have collected multiple awards and accolades over the years, further driving us to provide a higher standard of service to every patient that comes to us.
- “Start-Up Business of the Year” Award - The African American Business Council
- Birmingham Business Alliance’s “Emerging Business of the Year” Award.
- Dr. Cowan was honored as one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40.
- Featured in Heart & Soul Magazine’s August/September 2011 issue.
- Nominated for the Top 12 of 2012 Best in Minority Business Award, presented by Cox Media Group.
- Nominated for the Central Alabama Women’s Business Center’s Roses Award, (bestowed to women entrepreneurs and professionals who have made a difference sustaining their communities.)
- Awarded 2013 Best in Minority Business Awards for outstanding young professionals, presented by Cox Media Group.
- Shades Valley YMCA Adult Volunteer Award in April 2013.
- Who’s Who in Black Alabama Top 20 under 40.
- Honored in the Birmingham Magazine’s inaugural class of Power 50 honorees for making a positive impact in our city.
- Honored with the Fusion Award in the Innovator category
- Awarded 2019 Best of Birmingham honoree, for “Best Gynecologist” and “Best Women’s Health Facility"
- Also recognized as B-Metro Magazine’s Top Women in Medicine, in 2020.
Interested in More?
Give Us A Call, and Schedule An Appointment Today!