Here are 6 tips to help you get your much-needed rest:
- Avoid caffeine late in the evening, and limit liquids 1-2 hours prior to bedtime.
- Maintain a healthy sleep environment, void of noise and electronics.
- Have a sleep study to ensure that you do not have sleep apnea. If diagnosed, a CPAP machine may be necessary.
- Because low testosterone can cause insomnia, have your testosterone levels checked.
- Closely review your medications because some meds can affect sleep patterns.
- Exercise regularly.
If you are having problems sleeping see your doctor to determine the problem.
If possible, avoid prescribed sleep medications. Melatonin and chamomile tea are two over the counter options that help improve sleep.