January 17, 2018
6 Simple Actions You Can Take to Finally Crush Your Weight Loss Resolutions
We have all made New Year’s resolutions, and most involve living a healthier life by eating healthier, losing weight and exercising more. Let’s start our 2018 by making a lifetime commitment to a healthy lifestyle, including weight management and hormonal balance, which will allow us to “live well and age beautifully!”
Make a lifelong commitment
to a healthy lifestyle.
Getting healthier and losing weight are among the most popular New Year’s resolutions for a good reason, but sticking to it is easier said than done. There are many ways to get motivated to start losing weight. However, it is important to set realistic goals. Some behaviors that are proven to enhance weight loss include:
- Eat 4-6 small meals per day, including breakfast which should be eaten within the first hour of awakening.
- Drink half your weight in ounces of water, for example, if you weigh 120 pounds, drink 60 ounces of water per day.
- Count your calories, measure, weigh and journal. Know your resting metabolic rate so you know how many calories to eat to lose weight and to maintain the weight once you reach your goal. Use a journal to keep track of what you eat.
- Weigh frequently — at least once a week. The scale NEVER lies. Frequent weigh-ins are key to maintaining your weight loss, and it definitely motivates you as you are losing. Weighing regularly also allows you to learn what works best for your weight loss success.
- Exercise 5-6 hours per week incorporating resistance training and cardiovascular activity.
- Have your hormone levels checked and balanced? Hormonal balance makes weight loss easier.
Give yourself a break.
We did not develop our bad behaviors overnight, so it may take a few weeks to get completely into the healthy mode.
You may not start off practicing all of the behaviors listed, however, adopting 1-2 new behaviors every week will help you reach your goal without being overwhelmed and frustrated. Men and women who maintain a healthy weight and are hormonally balanced have a decreased risk of heart disease, breast cancer, prostate cancer, Alzheimer’s and osteoporosis! Hormonal balance improves health and quality of life.
Control your hormones and weight;
don’t allow them to control you!
In health and wellness!